annajmaxy

weave my words into worlds

Please don't count how many old "reviews" of mine say "review later", "more later", or variations thereupon. ... Actually, just ignore my blog until further notice.

Lirael
Garth Nix
The Silmarillion
J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien
Les Misérables
Victor Hugo, James Madden, Julie Rose, Adam Gopnik

UnSouled (Unwind, #3)

UnSouled (Unwind, #3) - Neal Shusterman Real review later. For now, just two little complaints:

1. Sooo many typos, including a few instances where Connor's name was spelled with an E. Totally understand that happening when you first write a script, but I'm genuinely surprised that they got past several edits. Can I replace Neal Shusterman's editor? ;) JK that's really rude.
2. Not enough of a climax for me. Or, rather, the falling action lasted too long. We didn't see any Starkey, Hayden, or Nelson for the last 50+ pages, and since most of the ending was revealing information, I felt a bit let down. My theory is that Neal Shusterman didn't want to split up all those conversations between Sonia, Risa, Grace, Cam, and Connor for fear of confusion or seeming disorganized, so all the other characters' endings had to come earlier. Oh well.

Anyway, LOVED this. It kept me interested and I can't wait to get my hands on Undivided. I also really need to read Unstrung...