annajmaxy

weave my words into worlds

Please don't count how many old "reviews" of mine say "review later", "more later", or variations thereupon. ... Actually, just ignore my blog until further notice.

Lirael
Garth Nix
The Silmarillion
J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien
Les Misérables
Victor Hugo, James Madden, Julie Rose, Adam Gopnik
SPOILER ALERT!

Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4)

Breaking Dawn - Stephenie Meyer I'm not pasting my review of the other three books because I felt differently about Breaking Dawn. I disliked it from the start.

First of all, Bella... I know she's an idiot, but she was at her worst in this one. She gets married--at 18, no less, to the only boy she's ever dated--for sex. Plus, she's worse after she becomes a vampire. She's oh, so confident because she's beautiful and that's all she'll ever need. Now she can finally measure up to Edward's regal, sparkly, stalkery vampire-ness. Yaaaay. How material and manipulative can you get?

Second, the ending was stupid. A fourth of the book is spent building up to a battle that doesn't. Even. Happen. Everything is just hunky-dory, not to mention cheesey and completely unrealistic. The book sat for weeks on my shelf because I couldn't force myself to pick it up and read through 200 more pages of pointlessly waiting and worrying.

Third, Renesmee? I just... I have no words.

The only things that I enjoyed in this book were Jacob's chapter titles. The end.