annajmaxy

weave my words into worlds

Please don't count how many old "reviews" of mine say "review later", "more later", or variations thereupon. ... Actually, just ignore my blog until further notice.

Lirael
Garth Nix
The Silmarillion
J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien
Les Misérables
Victor Hugo, James Madden, Julie Rose, Adam Gopnik

Rise of the Evening Star

Rise of the Evening Star - Brandon Mull I don't care that I've read this book five times now. I still love it.

As a lot of people have said, the series gets better with each book. The first is enjoyable, this one is amazing, the third is spectacular, and the fourth just phenomenal. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

There's one thing that really stood out to me in this book, and that is how great Brandon is at writing from male AND female perspectives. I can easily relate to how Kendra feels at almost all times. He seems to know even those silly little thoughts we girls all have at one point or another. It's uncanny, in a way.

Another thing I love is how Mull brings back unanswered questions from book one that I'd nearly forgotten. Just about everything in his books happens for a reason, and the plot is very well-planned.

Long story short, Brandon has once again more than impressed me. I admire him greatly, and if I can become half the author he is, I'll know I've done a great job.