annajmaxy

weave my words into worlds

Please don't count how many old "reviews" of mine say "review later", "more later", or variations thereupon. ... Actually, just ignore my blog until further notice.

Lirael
Garth Nix
The Silmarillion
J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien
Les Misérables
Victor Hugo, James Madden, Julie Rose, Adam Gopnik

East of the Sun and West of the Moon

East of the Sun and West of the Moon - Mercer Mayer I swear, East of the Sun and West of the Moon contains my childhood in it.

I fantasized about this story endlessly as a child. The lovely illustrations had me completely convinced that this world existed. However, because I was so young when I read the book, the words didn't stick in my head as well and I eventually forgot what the book was called. I'm so glad I remember it now.

See, you know a book is good when it renders me speechless. If I can't speak a lot about a book, it's because I got very emotionally involved, and I have serious troubles in voicing my emotions. Sadly, this means I'm not capable of giving wonderful books the reviews they deserve. The only way I can think to express my love for this book is to say that it changed my childhood, and I hope it will do the same for my children, as I will most definitely be reading it to them.